Monday, August 3, 2009

Doylestown Circuit Race Report...

Team BT brought a full squad to Doylestown for the 4th Annual Cyclesports Circuit race. We had three in the 5 race and three plus a secret one in the 3/4. The weather was for shit so the 4 race ended up getting cancelled and the 5 race was shortened. I only saw the 5 race go by a few times, but every time I noticed that Andy, Ansel and Miguel were holding it down in the front...and a lot of dudes were getting popped off the back. In the end, Miguel took 4th, Ansel took 7th and Andy came in 8th. I'm sure one of those dudes can fill in the blanks about what it was like. Anyhow, Kudos to Miguel for his first top 5 and kudos to Ansel and Andy for top tens in the their second and first road races.

Gerry, Brendan, Dan and I lined up for the 3/4 race in what was probably the worst weather of the day so far. It's funny...they cancelled the 4 race, but it would have taken place during the best weather of the day. All in all, it was a pretty uneventful race. It rained on and off during the first few laps and then came down insanely hard at the end. The rain pretty much neutralized the race save for a few premes that Gerry went for. I think he ended up second in every single one. I felt bad...if I knew that was what he wanted to do, I would have tried to be more helpful.

At the end, we were all up towards the front...I lost my nerve on the last corner and didn't try to really carve it to get myself in a good position for the sprint. To be honest, I was stoked that I had made it that far in a rainy 3/4 race without crashing out so I felt like I had already won. I think a lot of other people had the same idea...I'm pretty sure that if it would have been dry about 23984702398470 people would have tried diving into that last corner and stacked everybody up. Gerry and Dan ended up in the top 15, I think and Brendan and I rolled in not too far back. I didn't check the results as it was basically a torrential downpour at that point.

Enough about the race, though...the real highlights involved a bunch of dudes in wet spandex flying down a giant slide intended for 60-lb kids and then CRUSHING an Indian buffet. I ended up in a food coma for the rest of the day and didn't eat again until the next morning.

Awesome dudes, awesome day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise