Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pride Goes Before A Fall


First I had the opening lap of my life at Town Hall Cross a month ago, climbing St. Luke's staircase within spitting distance of some super fierce ladies. And then I went boom real fast, landing me on crutches for 10 days (including attending a conference for work all gimped out). For 5 weeks, I swapped bike racing for bike race groupie-ing.

Which was an interesting way to learn that cross is all about the bike, but it's not about the bike.

It's about road trips:


It's about bushwacking and number-stapling and putting a little back into the back side of a race (Albany is now Philly's sister city of cyclocross):


It's about having your teammates forgive you when you accidentally leave their spandex at the following laundromat in Connecticut during a snowstorm in October:


Also, it's about the SWAMP THING:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise