Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Super Cross Cup Weekend Report: Portabello Mushroom version

In Linda's own words, Women's B champ of the Super Cross Cup (MAC races #11 and #12) on November 19-20.



People kept on asking me after Saturday and Sunday's races how I got so fast. I've never won a cross race before and the ONLY thing I could come up with that made sense was the greasy, disgusting, stomach-knotting, New York chain restaurant portobello burger that I had both Friday and Saturday night. I think that's the key. I'm pretty sure anyway.

Both Saturday and Sunday played out pretty similarly (because of the fatty burger). Becca took off like a roadie at the start and I caught up to her in the first few turns like a mountain biker. Lucia gave me a bit of a run for my money on Sunday as I rounded almost every 180 turn with her intimidating race face coming at me. I wanna make this sound exciting but it there's not too much to draw out. I've never been out front like that for so long before...just riding my bike with people chasing me.

After winning Saturday, I almost wanna say I didn't like the feeling of being first (almost) because I felt this strange added pressure before Sunday's race. I normally put the targets on people's backs, they're not normally on my own back though. I take "training" and riding my bike as un-seriously as possible. (shout-out alert) I just really love being a part of this team and hanging out with you wonderful people, so when I actually do well, it's just an added bonus. It sort of blows my mind that I think I have the ability to Cat up to 3 after this weekend. I thought I'd be a 4 forever, and was actually totally fine with that.

BUT, with that all said, I'm still hungry for more (portobello burger)!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise