Monday, March 26, 2012

Gerry's 2012 Red Hook Crit Race Report...



Well, it started with me missing my pedal and basically nutting myself on the front row. I barely hung in the main group the entire race, mostly last wheel. On lap two ( I think) someone went down ahead of me and a cone went flying almost into my front wheel, I thought I was done. Luckily I missed it, but I was pretty much terrified the rest of the race. Mike M watched the crash happen, I didn't really understand where the cone came from. I went to the front and put in as big a pull as I could for about 9/10 of a lap, then went straight to the back, and I barely hung on. I ended up 16th out of 28 finishers. I'm not sure sure if it was just a matter of me not having the legs this year or that the pace was that much faster, but it was was certainly tough to hang on. I was wrecked and once the bell lap hit, I drifted off the back of the main chase. Good times! Now I'll wait another year to pick up a track bike again. Maybe...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise