Monday, October 1, 2012

Bay Area Super Prestige #1: Candlestick Park

I went out blazing and had a smoking first lap. Too smoking, in fact, as I couldn't hold it. (In this series there's a Women's C race in the morning, and then the As, Masters, and Bs are all on the course at the same time, which is a lot of carrot for me on the start line.) It felt good to be riding well though, even if it only lasted a lap and a half. The rest of the race hurt more and I was sliding backward. I had a small slide-out and dropped chain, wound up as packfill in the Bs.

Trying to see lines out of brown instead of green was a little disorienting. It hasn't rained since April so that grass has been dead for 5 months. This course was just 3 miles from home, in the marginal land around the 49ers football stadium, and they made good use of what they had. Can't wait for a mud race, and I think we might even time it so newly-Californian Jon Goulet, a visiting Mike Mast, and I can all meet up at the next race in the series.

Photo by Dylan McReynolds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise